Fabulous grilling starts with the first course with this treat from Chef Buist Rivers of Lowcountry Eats Catering.
3 firm, ripe Bartlett pears
cut into ¼ inch-thick wedges
1/2 (8 oz) Packaged cream cheese (softened)
4 oz Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
1/4 cup Butter (softened)
2 T Dry sherry
36 French bread baguette slices (toasted)
1/2 cup Finely chopped, lightly salted roasted pecans
2 T Finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 cup Honey
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
- Grill pear wedges, covered with grill lid, 1 to 2 minutes on each side
or until golden.
- Stir together cream cheese, Gorgonzola, butter and dry sherry;
spread about 1/2 T on each baguette slice.
- Top with grilled pears; sprinkle the pecans and rosemary and
drizzle with honey.
* Makes 36 crostini appetizers/hors d'oeuvres; Prep Time: 22 minutes
|< Prev||Next >|